Sunday, January 22, 2012

10 Reasons NOT To Smoke

I never smoked a day in my life because I know the 10 reasons not to smoke.  My lungs look like those gorgeous lungs on the left.  If there is any evidence of smoking damage on my lovely lungs, it is from other people who have lungs like the one on the right.  Air pollution may contribute to some damage as well.  There is a lot of car exhaust out on the roads.

I have had a few close relatives that would be here today if they did not smoke.  Unfortunately, they had started a long, long time ago when smoking was cool.  The harm it causes was unknown at the time.
 
My mom, who smoked for over 50 years, quit last year.  I showed her an image of her lung and she never smoked again. 

Here are my 10 Reasons NOT to Smoke:

1.  I don't want to hack up that black stuff when I cough
     I rarely cough or get sick, thank goodness.

2.  I don't want to have yellow teeth, or nails.
     Who wants to look like a witch?

3.  I don't want any additional wrinkles.
    The picture below shows twins, side by side.  One smoked and the other did not.  I prefer to look    
     like the one on the left.  The right twin obviously has some sun damage as well.   Did I mention
     to stay out of the sun or wear a good sunblock?

  
4.  Smokers smell gross. They try to spray smelly stuff on themselves to cover it up, but guess what -     it makes them smell like an ashtray with cologne mixed in it.  Sorry, it doesn't work - you stink!

5.  I don't want to add an oxygen tank as an extra tote to carry around.  Those portable oxygen  
     tanks only last about 1 hour.  If you want to go fishing, or shopping, or running (forget that one -
     you will never do that again), you have to lug that heavy tank with you.

6. Your hair soaks in the stench.  I like it when my hubby thinks my hair smells good.  It wouldn't 
    be too nice to choke him with the odor of smoke.

7.  I like my voice.  Smokers always sounds like they are gasping for air just to say their name.
     As time goes on, throat cancer may take over and then you have a hole in your throat.

8.  I avoid putting poison in my body.  I try my best to stay healthy.  Why would I intentionally put
     crap in my body to kill myself?

9.  Mouth sores are unattractive.  Who want to kiss you or even look at you with those unsightly
     lesions oozing on your face?  I never understood why smokers think they look cool, I think they
     look stupid.  There are warning labels all over those packs of cigarettes.  Can't they read?

10.  My family needs me and I love them. I will die years earlier if I smoke. I want to see my
      grandchildren play ball or even get married and have children of their own. I love my life.
      I hope my family loves me enough to stop smoking or never start this fatal habit.

Smoking causes cancer, lung disease and so many other horrible ailments.  Click on the WebMD below for an interesting slide show providing a few more reasons not to smoke:


Sorry to be so blunt, but smoking just doesn't make any sense to me.             

No comments:

Post a Comment