Saturday, June 18, 2011

TACKLE Fatherhood

Pap: The Ultimate Handyman


Fathers come in all shapes, sizes and specialties.  But good dads all have the same characteristic:  Unconditional love for their children.  Their kids can lie to them, humiliate them and cuss at them and these dads will not waiver in their love.

Don't get me wrong; there will be consequences to the bad behavior, but there will also be forgiveness. 



My dad, Pap, can do anything like build a car, build a house or build a boat.  He can manage and operate a successful auto repair shop, even though he dropped out of high school.  He has more common sense that anyone I know.  He has guided me through good times and taught me survival skills during the worst of times.
 
He always believed in me.


If I was ever stranded on a deserted island with him, he would figure out a way to get us home.  He is a comic, a gentle bear and tough as nails.

Thank God, I have Pap as my parent.










Daddeo: The Budget Guru


















Dad-In-Training
My husband has the patience of Job.  He is a man who raises six women and is calm in the storm of estrogen that hits our home.

He is gifted in accounting and budgets, keeping us in the black during the expensive years of raising children.

I have been blessed with a husband who is an intelligent and compassionate man.



Today's young fathers are strong role models to their children.  There is a surge in young men joining the military for jobs and college.  Discipline and commitment are taught in their training creating strong, confident men that are fathering the next generation.   

My son is a new father taking his role very seriously.
My son and is wife will raise my grandson to take on the challenges of the changing world that he will face in the future.

Happy Father's Day to the men that work so hard to keep our lives happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment