Monday, March 21, 2011

TACKLE Kids Growing Up

It was thirty years ago when I was eight months pregnant and only 21 years old. My water broke in the wee morning hours. The previous day the OBGYN said that the baby was in the breech or feet first position. This position could cause possible strangulation if the chord descended before the baby. My immediate reaction was to lay flat and call my mom, who knows everything. She said to call the doctor.

I was rushed to the hospital. It was a grueling 8 hour labor with women lined up in the hall to deliver. The baby flipped and was now in the head first position. The baby was delivered with forceps, a big no no in today's birthing suites. My boy was a healthy 6lbs 11oz and would have been a giant if he was born at full term!

 He is my only boy. He is the perfect son, a 6"2' outstanding athlete and sharp as a tack. He has a charming personality with eyes that will melt your heart. He is a brave American who joined the Air Force nine years ago. He has earned tons of medals and ribbons but is modest and genuine. He married a wonderful woman and together, they gave me my first grandchild, a son. Tomorrow my hero turns 30 years old. Happy Birthday, Son!

No comments:

Post a Comment