Friday, August 10, 2012

How to survive college -- in your 50's



I'm a senior now.  One more year down at George Mason University (GMU).  Juggling a full time job, 3 to 4 kids living in the house (the Old Dominion University [(ODU] child flits in and out), a busy hubby, and a full load in college is no easy task.  But, I did it.  I was surprised when I received a letter from GMU --  I made the Dean's List -- and so did my ODU child.


Going back to college (after a 20+ year break) was the best decision I ever made.  I have met incredible professors and fellow students that have had a positive impact in my education and business.   

My favorite classes were upper level courses in marketing, social media, journalism, entrepreneurship, and health management.  I loathed the required IT class. 


This upcoming year I will tackle some tough classes to finally finish -- I am excited.    

Our household will have 3 in college in the upcoming fall semester.  The two college youngsters will have no excuses but to get good grades -- I did it -- and so can they.  Of course, they are already pleading that their social life is way more active than mine.  Different priorities.  However, I am more than happy with my social life. 


Adult students: How do you manage work, family, and life?  

No comments:

Post a Comment