Saturday, December 3, 2011

TACKLE College Papers, Volunteering and Hippies

I really didn't want to use that office with the humongous window and fantastic view of George Mason University's (GMU) campus.  I felt so guilty.  I am only a volunteer.

I had just returned from navigating through the English Department's rat maze to find my English Professor.   She has top notch credentials, is sweet as pie, and works in a sardine can.   

I am a student and also volunteer at GMU for Job Recruiting located in the Career Center.  My Professor insisted I take this amazing office to do research on a career workshop for graduating students. 

If my English Professor would walk by and see me, she may get frustrated and fail me or something.  This office is 100 times better than her office.  That just isn't right!  I guess I can lower the blinds.  But the view!

The semester is winding down for Fall 2011 at GMU.  I have been jamming in working, kids and enjoying my hubby while hustling the schoolwork and volunteering.  College has so many group projects which I hate. 

My one group consists of a hippie, a jock, a quiet Indian girl, a big guy who is always late, and me, the mom of the group.  I received a nasty text from the hippie today.  Well, it was directed at the whole group. The whole group chimed in with replies.  We had all fell behind on our deadlines for our last group project.

Funny, I thought in the beginning of the semester that he would be the slacker.  First day of class he strutted in to class with long blond hair and pants hanging too low while appearing a bit "spacey".  Turns out he is a Finance major and smart as a whip. 



His text was a lecture on responsibilities and demanding we finish our portion of a paper by Sunday at noon.  He scared me so much that I gave up my Friday date with my hubby to get my homework done.  Mean hippies scare me.

At midnight I proudly texted him that I finished my part of the paper.  With in two seconds he sent me a text saying he felt bad for being so pushy.  Pushy?  I replied by commended him for his leadership.  He actually motivated me to give up my Friday date and finish my part of the group paper.

This generation needs bossy, pushy, leaders to give the slackers a kick in the pants.  Cut his hair, give him a belt and he could run the country.   Awesome!  Totally awesome!        

   

No comments:

Post a Comment