Sunday, April 10, 2011

TACKLE Piercings and Body Modification



Many parents fear the day that their legal aged 18 year old comes home with a tattoo or an odd body piercing.  A pair of pierced earrings are considered acceptable with most parents.

When we recently went to our daughter's military graduation, we couldn't help but notice all of the girl's faces with scars from closed piercings.  When you join the military, jewelry piercings are removed and tattoos must be approved.  

Many civilian jobs also require professional appearances.  If your child won't conform, they don't get the job or the opportunity in that field.

Four out of our seven children have had body piercings.   I cringed and yelled at all four.  Now, they only have scars.  My son has two tattoos and I had to control myself when I saw them on his skin.  He will probably have them his whole life.
I know people want freedom of expression, it is art, it is cultural and all of that stuff, but instead, try non piercing jewelry or paint a shirt and wear it.  They can be removed and changed as your life changes.   Piercings and tattoos are so permanent.  If you remove them, you are left with scarring.

When my children came home with the piercings and tattoos, I had nightmares that they would become extremists like the "artists?" on the website listed below.
Very scarey; click here:
                                                      http://www.oddee.com/item_96602.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment