Saturday, March 26, 2011

TACKLE a Marathon








Running 26.2 miles is beyond my imagination. However, my husband thrives on a challenge. Years ago, he started walking for exercise. Later he added jogging, 5K's, 10K's and now marathons to his schedule. When the marathon was on the calender, I thought he had lost his mind.


He trained and read about nutrition, goo packs, cramping and even barefoot running. He sucked the family into the race fever. However, a 5K is our running limit. I am the official "bag lady" for the marathons. I hold his clothes, phone, directions and running packet during his long races. Our daughters and even their friends have traveled with us to many races. The sponsors usually have family activities and food available for the spectators as well.


Today he finished his 2nd marathon in 5 months. As soon as he crossed the finish line, he vowed to never do another one. However, I know once the muscles feel better and the stats are posted online, he will enter another one.

Check out this site for healthy family activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment